The Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) represents the downstream hydrocarbon industry in the Arabian Gulf. Established in 2006, the association voices the common interests of more than 250 member companies from the chemical and allied industries, accounting for over 95% of chemical output in the Arabian Gulf region. The industry makes up the second largest manufacturing sector in the region, producing over USD 108 billion worth of products a year.
The association supports the region’s petrochemical and chemical industry through advocacy, networking and thought leadership initiatives that help member companies to connect, share and advance knowledge, contribute to international dialogue, and become prime influencers in shaping the future of the global petrochemicals industry.
Committed to providing a regional platform for stakeholders from across the industry, GPCA manages six working committees – Plastics, Supply Chain, Fertilizers (now known as Agri-nutrients), International Trade, Research and Innovation, and Responsible Care – and organizes six world-class events each year. The association also publishes an annual report, regular newsletters and industry reports.
To support the growth and sustainable development of the petrochemical and chemical industries in the Gulf in partnership with our members and other stakeholders.
- To provide effective opportunities for members and industry stakeholders to network, share information and knowledge, and strengthen partnerships
- To develop and advocate common industry positions
- To identify and promote industry best practices
- To champion the Responsible Care Initiative among member companies
- To establish regional industry data and information resources
- To develop credible relationships with regional communities