The GPCA Innovation Competition is GPCA’s latest initiative, launched as part of the 6th GPCA Research and Innovation Summit, to promote innovation among university students in the Arabian Gulf region.
The competition is aimed at bridging the gap between industry and academia and stimulating applied research and innovation in the field of chemistry.
Through the initiative, GPCA will further engage university students in chemical research and innovation and provide a valuable opportunity for university students from the region to gain exposure in the global chemical industry.
Who can participate?
The GPCA Innovation Competition is open for final year students currently enrolled in a B.Sc. degree in chemical engineering or chemistry at a university in the GCC.
Students from all universities in the Arabian Gulf offering a degree in chemistry or chemical engineering are eligible to participate in this competition. In order to to participate in the competition, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Evaluation of the uniqueness and complexity of the idea/project: approach or techniques used
- Originality and novelty of the idea/ project: approach or techniques used
- Compelling case for the prospect of commercial implementation of the idea/project
Presentation and interview:
- Professional and confident delivery
- Clarity, consistency, logical flow and summary
- Comprehensive, covers all aspect of the idea/project
- Informative and uses appropriate data to defend the case
- Able to address all questions
Quality of research:
- Methodology adopted (desk research, field visits and interviews)
- Scope of work conducted
- Relevance to regional chemical and petrochemical industry
- Clear, visually appealing, with graphical images and tabulated data
- Captures briefly, but comprehensively, the concept of the idea/project
- List names of co-workers and references
- Showcase your idea/ project and yourself in front of leading industry leaders
- Promote your university as a leading chemical research institute within the GCC
- Opportunity to secure a one to two-months internship at leading chemical and petrochemical companies within the region
- Cash prizes of AED 10,000 for first place, AED 6,000 for second place and AED 4,000 for third place
- Get featured in our media and social media campaigns